Cities, counties, the state and local businesses all agree that the Central Valley Expressway is essential for the future of the Boise Valley, but why now?
- The CVE will accelerate economic development and growth along the CVE corridor
- Growth will occur in a more organized and efficient pattern
- Right of Way costs will be lower today than in the future
- Construction costs will be lower given the current market for construction
- - 15% savings could result in a savings of $75,000,000 or more.
- One proposed funding mechanism, TIFIA bonds, will produce SIGNIFICANT financing savings
- Using the cheapest financing currently available to the state under GARVEE at 4.5% and a 20 year term, the $560M project would cost $861M
- Using the proposed financing at 2% for the same term, the project will cost $685M over 20 years, a savings of $176M
- Using the proposed financing at 1% for the same term, the project will cost $621M over 20 years, a savings of $240M